I am an experienced, warm, empathic and approachable Psychotherapeutic Counsellor running a successful busy private practice in Chippenham.
I provide a professional & confidential counselling service for individual adults, both male & female 18+ years, to promote and improve individual mental health and well-being.
I am a fully qualified counsellor (FdSc.Couns & Dip.Couns) and a registered practitioner (MBACP) holding registered membership of The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and a current Certificate of Proficiency.
I am included on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists, the first psychological register to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care, demonstrating the required high standards of proficiency, professionalism and good practice.
I am regulated by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling (Bath Spa University).
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB).
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB).
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB).
- Certificate in Counselling Theory (CSCT).
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSCT).
- Accredited CRUSE Bereavement Worker
- Certificate in Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults.
- ASIST Certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training.
- Certificate in Training Practice.
- Certificate in HR Practice.
- Member of The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) – membership number 00727799.
- Registrant on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists – Registration number 130318.
- Hold a current Certificate of Proficiency from the BACP.
- Committed to ongoing professional development in accordance with BACP regulations.
Experience & Background:
- Counsellor / Psychotherapist working in private practice.
- Counselling provider for Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) – including Dorset Council, Norland Nannies.
- Accredited Bereavement Counsellor within CRUSE – a Bereavement Agency.
- Drugs & Alcohol Counsellor within DHI – an Addictions, Homelessness & Social Exclusion Service.
- 10 years’ experience in HR, Training & Development Management roles in large corporate environment, providing a Health & Wellbeing Service for all employees.
- 6 years’ experience in Sales Management.
I work in an Integrative Humanistic way, acknowledging all clients have different needs. Therapy looks different for each person and no one single approach is sufficient. I work with various models to align the therapy to suit you:
- Humanistic and Existential Psychology
- Phenomenological Therapy
- Person Centred approach
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Solution Focused Counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based practice
Counselling is an investment in yourself. It is time taken out of very busy lives to focus on YOU. It can be used for working through specific current difficulties or issues; personal development; or aligning yourself back to who you’re meant to be when life has gone off track, allowing a more rewarding and healthy way of living. Counselling doesn’t just have to happen when we are in crisis.