I am an experienced, warm and approachable Psychotherapeutic Counsellor running a successful busy private practice in both central Bath & Chippenham.
I provide a professional & confidential counselling service for individual adults, both male & female 18+ years, to promote and improve individual mental health and well-being.
I am a fully qualified counsellor (FdSc.Couns) and a registered practitioner (MBACP) holding registered membership of The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and a current Certificate of Proficiency.
I am included on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists, the first psychological register to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care, demonstrating I meet the required high standards of proficiency, professionalism and good practice.
I am regulated by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) & adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice (www.bacp.co.uk).
How I Work:
I provide an objective, empathic & non-judgemental approach, underpinned by psychological evidence based framework, to help you gain better understanding of yourself & your life. I offer both short term and long term psychotherapeutic counselling.
Short term counselling is typically around 6 – 12 sessions, but can be more or less than this depending on individual needs. It usually focuses on a specific emotional issue such as bereavement, a relationship issue, low mood, feeling anxious etc.
Long term counselling/psychotherapy can be open ended and is suitable for a deeper exploration and more thorough review of your life. It helps individuals with psychological problems that have built up over the course of a long period of time through understanding their feelings, thoughts and actions more clearly and discovering the background to problems and difficulties.
I work in an Integrative Humanistic way, acknowledging all clients have different needs, so therapy looks different for each person and no one single approach is sufficient.
I can draw on theories from:
- Humanistic and Existential Psychology
- Phenomenological Therapy
- Person Centred approach
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Solution Focused Counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based practice
I view counselling as an investment in yourself – it is time taken out of very busy lives to focus on YOU. It can be used for working through specific current difficulties or issues; personal development; or aligning yourself back to who you’re meant to be when life has gone off track, allowing a more rewarding and healthy way of living. Counselling doesn’t just have to happen when we are in crisis.
Experience & Background:
- Counsellor / Psychotherapist working in private practice.
- Counselling provider for Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) – including Dorset Council.
- Accredited Bereavement Counsellor within a Bereavement Agency.
- Drugs & Alcohol Counsellor within an Addictions, Homelessness & Social Exclusion Service.
- 10 years’ experience in HR, Training & Development Management roles in large corporate environment, providing a Health &
- Wellbeing Service for all employees.
- 6 years’ experience in Sales Management.
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling (Bath Spa University).
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB).
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB).
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB).
- Certificate in Counselling Theory (CSCT).
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSCT).
- Accredited Bereavement Worker.
- Certificate in Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults.
- ASIST Certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training.
- Certificate in Training Practice.
- Certificate in HR Practice.
- Member of The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) – membership number 00727799.
- Registrant on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists – Registration number 130318.
- Hold a current Certificate of Proficiency from the BACP.
- Committed to ongoing professional development in accordance with BACP regulations.
- I am fully insured.
- Initial counselling assessment – 1 hour
- All subsequent appointments – 50 minutes
- All appointments (including assessment) are £45.00
The initial assessment session lasts for 1 hour and allows between us to understand what your needs are, whether counselling is the right option for you at this time, identify if I’m the right practitioner for you & how we might work together.
There is no obligation to continue counselling after this if you don’t want to.
What To Do Next:
Please email, text or call to book in for an initial counselling assessment.
I offer an initial free 20 minute confidential consultation on the phone first, if this is something you’d like to do.
For others, this can be too daunting and increase their levels of anxiety, so booking in for an initial face to face counselling assessment might suit you better.
- Mobile: 07788 644333 (confidential voicemail)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chippenham Clinic Appointments – Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm