At The Chippenham Counselling Practice I deliver one to one counselling sessions to both male and female clients, 18 years and above, on a short or long term basis.
How I Work:
- I provide an objective, empathic & non-judgemental approach, underpinned by psychological evidence-based framework, to help you gain better understanding of yourself & your life. I offer both short term and long-term psychotherapeutic counselling.
- Short term counselling is typically around 6 – 12 sessions but can be more/less than this depending on individual needs. It usually focuses on a specific emotional issue such as bereavement, a relationship issue, low mood, feeling anxious etc.
- Long term counselling/psychotherapy can be open ended and is suitable for a deeper exploration and more thorough review of your life. It helps individuals with psychological problems that have built up over the course of a long period of time through understanding their feelings, thoughts and actions more clearly and discovering the background to problems and difficulties.
- You can make initial contact by email, text or telephone call depending on which way feels right for you. I will respond back in the same way unless you tell me otherwise within 2 working days.
Initial Free Telephone Consultation:
- I offer a free initial telephone consultation of up to 20 minutes to discuss your needs and help you decide if counselling is something you wish to begin at this time.
- For some, this can be too daunting and increase their levels of anxiety, so booking in for an initial face to face counselling assessment via email might suit you better.
- Appointments are offered at The Chippenham Counselling Practice on a Monday through to Thursday 9am – 5pm.
- The initial assessment appointment lasts for 1 hour and allows between us to understand what your needs are, whether counselling is the right option for you at this time, identify if I’m the right practitioner & how we might work together.
- There is no obligation to continue counselling after this if you don’t want to.
- If you decide to continue with counselling, all subsequent sessions will last 50 minutes and typically take place on a weekly or a fortnightly basis unless a different arrangement is agreed between us.
- The Chippenham Counselling Practice has free allocated parking spaces.
- Flat wheelchair access from carpark into the office with disabled parking & disabled toilets available.
- The Chippenham Counselling Practice is on the ‘Number 55’ bus route and stops approx. 200 metres past the entrance to Forest Gate.
- All counselling appointments (including the assessment) are £45.00 per session, payable by cash or cheque on the day to myself.
- The Chippenham Counselling Practice is currently not able to take cards as payment, however a bank transfer can be arranged.
What To Do Next:
Please email, text or call to book in for an initial counselling assessment and I will aim to respond to you with in 2 working days.
- Mobile: 07788 644333 (confidential voicemail)
- Email: email@example.com